Friday, October 10, 2008

Current Entertainment

I thought I would make a little list of some of my current favorites and why:

T.V.--Bones--This is my new T.V. obsession since Gilmore Girls is no longer on air (I would visit my mom and we would watch G.G. every Tuesday together....awww). Bones combines elements from some of my all time favorite shows and movies. The quick wit of G.G., the technical ooey-gooey of CSI and the mystery of Sherlock Holmes and The Thin Man movies. They keep the show fresh and funny which is a great contrast when you look at the seriousness of what the show is about. The chemistry between Bones and Booth is perfect and I love the added humor of Sweets. I told my mom I wish that Bones and Booth would just get together already, but she is right, it would end the show. The tension between them would be gone and it wouldn't be as interesting to watch (or as amusing). It comes on every Wednesday night at 7pm central--so watch it!

Movies--Iron Man--So, I would not watch this when it came to theaters, I admit it. I thought "Robert Downey Jr---super hero----I don't think so". I think he is a very talented actor, but I didn't know alot about the actual character from the comic books. I think super hero I think puffed up chest, smile and the teeth glisten, like Mr. Incredible. Of course, super heroes are getting darker. Spider Man, Batman, even James Bond (not really a super hero) are all being portrayed a little darker, a little more human. Well, I was pleasantly surprised by Iron Man and wish I had seen it in the theater. RDJr. played the part exceptionally! He had the right cockiness and humor for it. I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was good as was Jeff Bridges, but RDJr. really shined. The part with the robot and the fire extinguisher was one of my favorite as was his "take off" into the wall. Great movie all around!

Music--Mellow--maybe it is genetic, my parents were hippies at my age, but I am really in to mellow, folksy, hippy, upbeat, positive music. It relaxes me and makes me happy.

Books--How To's--I am in a Martha Stewart phase. Any book that can teach me how to make or create something I will look at. A lot of it has to do with the economy and a lot has to do with the sense of accomplishment when you make something for yourself. I like finding old things and giving them a little face lift. I think we should continue to be students our whole life. If you don't evolve and learn more, what's the point.

No comments: